Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Christmas Celebrations....

I have been slacking BIG TIME! (at everything) I have felt like crap and my mom has been in the hospital (you can read about that below) so here is my attempt at updating December....

These events are in order of last to first... So if you want to scroll down and start at the bottom of the post, then the pictures would be in order!

We came home to SNOW! My sister in law told us while we were gone that there was a snow storm. My girls were so sad to miss it.. but luckily there was a LITTLE left! :)
LAYTON CHRISTMAS
We went to Wayne's parents on Christmas afternoon. We love being with that side of the family too. I am glad my girls can still develope friendship with their Layton cousins, even though we don't live close. We had a gift exchange and awesome dinner!
MOM IN HOSPITAL!!!
This has been the worst part of our Christmas! My mom spent Christmas in the hospital. We took her a mini Christmas tree, and presents and got to spend lots of visits with her, but it was (and is) a scary experience. She went in on Monday (before Christmas) with blood clots. They admitted her and found that she had already had some break off to her lungs, but luckily they were small! The hospital started her on blood thinners immediately (the same ones I'm taking for my pregnancy right now.) After about 5 days my mom's stomach started to swell (like she was 8 mon. pregnant).. they realized she was bleeding internally. We were SO worried to say the least. She was taken to Scottsdale Hospital where they put a filter in her lunts to protect a blood clot from killing her and now they are draining her stomach. She is home now, but not out of the woods. SHe has gone through SO much and been such a trooper. It is also great to see my dad step up and take such good care of her. This experience has made me realize how much I need and love my mom. She's amazing and she is normally the one taking care of everyone. Please keep her in your prayers... SIDE NOTE: we got to talk to my brother Levi on his mission (it was so great), but we had to tell him mom was in the hospital, so he was able to talk to her there.
CHRISTMAS EVE
Here are my cute girlies in their cute jammies...
and here is what Maci was doing while the other girls were asleep. She had a late nap and was so hyper. Luckily she didn't know what we were doing!
CHRISTMAS MORNING
We started Christmas morning with eating an orange (a tradition my parents did with us.. that I hated, but I make my kids do it too! :)

Haylee made this cutting board at school and gave it to us for Christmas. Yes, that is a black eye that Wayne has, it's from basketball, I promise! Haylee's favorite gifts.. her cd player for her room and her small pink camera!

Maci's favorite present: baby ALLY
Hanna's favorite presents: Bike, Troy and Gabriella barbie that sing
I love Christmas morning!
Grandpa and Travis came over Christmas morning to see what we got from Santa. Her is Haylee and Grandpa playing a game that Phil made for us!
VISITING GRANDMA BERTA
Wayne's grandma Layton is now in a home with about 5 other elderly people and we were able to go visit her and her friends and sing some Christmas songs to them. She is an amazing woman. I love this picture of Grandma Berta and Wayne
All the girls singing "Jingle Bells"
CELEBRATING WITH FRIENDS!
Maci was SO excited to have her favorite... G-U-M (she always spells it out now, because that is what her sisters do to try and be sneaky and she caught on!)
The Farnsworths are some of our closest friends (they are more like family) from Chandler. We always celebreat holidays with them.. This year they spoiled us again!
All of the presents given by the Farnsworths are always wrapped perfect too! I hate to tear in to them!
HANNA'S PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Thanks Grandpa for coming to support us!
This program is always so great too! I was so proud of Hanna doing her part!
SANTA
We took the cute Lopeman girls with us to the school for cookies, hot cocoa, and SANTA... It was the first year all of my girls were excited to see him!
Haylee's School Program!

The primary school program is always awesome. This year was the same! I forgot my camera, so thanks to my friend, Amber, I have some pictures of Haylee. She did so great!

20 comments:

Luci said...

Mary Ann, I hope you feel better and that your mom is too. That is so crazy! Your girls are adorable!

Dayna said...

So glad your Mom is okay!

Tifani said...

I am sorry you were sick and hope you are feeling much better. Tell your mom that I am keeping them in my prayers. You too.
Call me if you need anything. love ya
Tif

Haymore Family said...

you had an eventful christmas, and i hope your mom keeps getting better! And i hope you start feeling better!

Michelle and Javier said...

I hope you both start feeling better, you're in my prayers.

Our Ohana said...

Looks like fun!!

I can't believe that about your mom. I guess since we've moved, I'm out of the Thatcher loop of what's going on!! That is SCARY! I'm glad she's finally out of the hospital and I hope she continues to get better.

Sorry I haven't picked up my vinyl lettering - with us moving I was a little stressed and totally forget!! I can either send you a check or just pick it up when we're in Thatcher again. Let me know.

Kristi said...

We have had Aunt A in our prayers and will continue to! We love you all! Hope all is better soon!!!! Love you!!

Amber H. said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! I guess we all have though! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad she is doing so much better. You'll have to keep us updated! I'm glad you had a good Christmas though! Feel better!

Jules said...

I am sorry to hear about your Mom but sooo happy that they caught it. With the recent event with my Mom I understand how scary it is to have your Mom (your rock) sick. But it has strengthened my testimony to the power of prayer, faith and miracles. I hope you get feeling better soon. When do you get to find out the gender and when are you due again?

Anonymous said...

That makes me so sad about your mom, I love her she is so cute!! Now that she is ok I can joke and say tell her to put some tabacco on it:) That is something I always remember her doing:) I hope you feel better pregnancy sucks, to bad there isn't an easier way, b/c man its a sacrafice, especially for you. Hang in there!! LUV YA

Natalie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. that's too bad she had to be in the hospital for Christmas. I will keep her in my prayers. Good luck with everything.

Miken Harding said...

I'm just so glad they moved her from Safford's hospital-I've never heard anything good come from there. I hope she is feeling better and you are too. Looks like your Christmas was great! Every time I see your family I just want to be part of it!!! The Palmers RULE!

The Welker Family said...

What a fun Christmas. I was so worried about your mom. I'm so glad that she is doing better. She is such a trooper! I admire her so much.

Lori said...

So sorry to hear about your mom, that is so crazy. My mom just had a blood clot too, but her's was in her leg. I hope she is feeling better. Sure have missed hearing from you! Glad you had a good Christmas! Glad you got to come to town and see the Layton's and Farnsworth's they are all such good people. Miss you guys!

Gaylene said...

Hey MaryAnn,
We got your CUTE Christmas card and loved hearing from you guys. Thanks for the updates. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Deanne was with us that week and I felt so bad for her. She wanted to be there with everyone so bad. It was so scary. I am so glad your mom is feeling better. Hope you can get some rest. Your family is so cute.

Love, Gaylene

Aaron and Lehua said...

I know what you mean with realizing how much you love and need your mom. I've been feeling alot of the same things with my mom. It's crazy how life can take a drastic change in just seconds! I'd love to help with kids on your "crappy" days.

Ashley said...

I'm sorry about your mom, but I'm glad to hear she's doing better. It looks like you had a pretty great Christmas!

Carl and Starla said...

Sorry to hear about your mom...how scary! Glad she is doing better now. How fun to be able to see both sides of the families! Looks like you had a fun Christmas! Have fun on your cruise!

Full House said...

Oh man I just read this post today. Not fun for your family with your Mom. Life is precious, huh!

As always darling little girls with a darling Momma. Hope you are holding up. When do we find out wht you are having?

Eliza said...

Sorry about your Mom. That is not fun on Christmas Day. It looks like the rest of December was good and busy. Your Christmas card was so cute (like always!)