Thursday, July 23, 2009

NASH

Our sweet boy is finally here... It was quite the experience, but he is PERFECT. Here is a quick rundown, instead of all the details...
July12th, went in at 9am to be induced. Started contractions right away.. around 5pm got epidural... didn't make much progress throughout the night... 6 am (July 13th) decided I was going to have c.section (very nervous, but ready to have this baby!)... 6:56 am
NASH PALMER LAYTON
was born..
8lbs 7oz, 20 inches long
Got all stitched up and got to feed him one time... Nurses took me to recovery room... my girls came! They saw Nash for about 5 minutes, then he was taken to the nursery because they were worried about his breathing... We didn't get him back in our room from that time on.
Nash was admitted in the NICU. Had to stay for a full week of antibiotics for neonatal pneumonia. It was a long week and very hard not to be able to be a normal mom (they told me when I could feed, and hold, and change him!) It was so sad.
After a week, July 20th... we were able to come home!!! Here are some pictures of our experience. We feel very blessed to have him here. He is such a good baby and we just can't get enough of him! :)
Thanks so much for the phone calls, prayers, and visits! I have the best family and friends!
sweet boy! It is so weird to have BLUE

One week before delivery... so glad that part is oVER!!
10 days before before delivery... my awesome friends Taleah and Lisa took me to Mesa for the best pedicure I've ever had.. We also had a great breakfast. It was such a fun trip! Thanks girls!
At my inlaws... the day I was going to be induced... July 12th

Our family right before I left to be induced...
Levi (my brother) feeding me ice chips
after 21 hours of labor... preparing for c-section
right before the surgery. I told Wayne maybe he should have been a dr. because he looks so dang cute in the scrubs! :)
After I was stitched up.. finally able to be close to my baby
right after delivery

my girls first time to see the baby! It was so fun to see their reaction! ... 5 minutes after the girls saw him, the nurses came and took him to nursery and he never came back!
Love that smile on Hanna!!
Maci was worried about Nash. It was sad, before she left the hospital with grandma L., Maci said "I hope Nash gets better"... then she started to cry. It was so sad!
Travis, Levi, and Tonya (my siblings)
My sweet mother in law watched my kids for a couple days while we were in the hospital and they brought us flowers!
In the NICU... the first day.. I hated seeing Nash this way!
After 3 days in the hospital, my mom offered for the girls to come back to Thatcher and she would watch them till be got home (4 more days). So Wayne took the girls to her house. This was at the hospital right before the girls left. They would get sad everytime they came, because they didn't get to see Nash.
My girls had stayed at Deanne's house the night before, so she brought them to the hosptial all dressed up, cute hair, nails done, and with McDonalds.. She's awesome!
Right before the girls left to Thatcher
Our friend, Summer Farnsworth
Wayne is not a big reader, but he read this book (Lone Survivor) for the 2nd time while we were in the hospital..
Wayne and I had so much time together alone. It was weird not to have our kids close. I nursed Nash every feeding, but in between feedings, Wayne and I just got to be together. It was so fun to be with him... we definately missed our kids though. (I was in the hosptial for 5 days, then got discharged without baby and stayed at my brother's one night, then got a nesting room for the last night.)
Nash's IV blew out on his hand, so they did it in his foot, then that one clotted so they had to put the IV in his HEAD! It was such a sad sight!
Deanne was great. She came to the hospital almost every day.. This day she spoiled me by rubbing my feet!
sweet boy... I think this was day 5
Wayne finally discovered games on the TV the day before we left!
My two favorite boys! :)... no more oxygen on Nash
We are finally getting to go home! :) Notice all tubes are out of him!
His outfit that the girls picked out for him to come home in!
It has been a long week! So excited to drive home and be together as a family!
Our girls thought we were going to be home around midnight, but we got released early, so we surprised them and it was so fun to see their face when we walked in the door!

This is what we came home to.. and a porch swept off by my young women! It was so nice of them. It took an hour and a half, because my porch was so bad and I noticed right away how good it looked! :)
Mom Layton came and stayed a couple days. She was SO much help! It was fun to have her here!
FINALLY... our first family picture! Nash is a week old!
our first visitors (this is my best friends parents. They are our neighbors)
Haylee is such a huge help!
grandma and grandpa palmer
sweet sister
these girls cant get enough of him!

29 comments:

BandHGardner said...

Congrats on the darling boy! I am glad he is doing well now.

Amber H. said...

I think one of the hardest things is not being able to just go home with your sweet baby! I can somewhat relate to this post, because my twins had to stay in the hospital for a week and a half after I had them. I got to hold Annika for a grand total of about 10 seconds before they whisked her away because she wasn't breathing well and she was gone for 6 hours before I saw her again. Then they had to have feeding tubes for the first several days and monitors for apnea. Holy smokes it was hard! I'm just glad you guys are all home now and can adjust to your sweet baby. He is adorable! Congrats!

Jami said...

MARY ANN! I can't all of this. I am so happy that everything has worked out and you have your healhty happy baby now. He is beyond handsome. I can't believe what a chuck he is.
That IV in his head is so sad, I am so sorry!
I can't wait to meet him in person sometimes

Lara said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful! Those pictures actually make me a little baby hungry (which is a huge compliment because that doesn't happen to me too often!) Get lots of rest and enjoy your darling family.

Maranda Whittle said...

He is such a sweet little boy! Congrats to you and your family!!

Luke & Erica said...

Mary Ann, I am so glad to hear that you are all doing well. I loved the pics, they were both happy and sad. You look great for just having a c-section. I am so glad that you were already in Mesa when you delivered, could you imagine trying to deliver in Safford and then having Nash transferred. I am just so glad that everything worked out!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are going to have so much fun with a boy!!

Reid and Brittney said...

He is so cute!!! I am glad you are all home and doing great. Your girls look so cute with their brother. I am so happy for you guys!!! Congratulations!!!

Lori said...

Congrats! I am so happy you are both home and doing well. Sad, I didn't realize you were up here. I would have come and visited! Sorry I missed you! Love you! He looks so cute!

Chantel said...

Congrats. He is so cute!!! What a story. I am glad he is ok. Your girls look so happy to have their little brother home.

Marisa and Rob said...

What a cutie!!! :) I'm glad you guys are both doing good. What a cute family.

Misty said...

Congrats - he is adorable!

Sopha said...

Congrats! He is such a cute little boy!

Celissa said...

congratulations Maryann! I'm so glad that he is okay now and you guys are home and can be a real family again complete with a little boy!!

Jason and Amanda said...

Mary Ann-- I found your blog...hope you don't mind a comment. Congratulations on your long awaited boy! He is precious and quite the life story to tell already! So glad all is well for you!

Kristi said...

Oh my word, I could not stop crying reading this! I am so sorry for all that you all had to go through, but I am sooo grateful that all is well and he is home! We love you and will continue to keep you all in our prayers!

Sarah Pace said...

Congradulations!!! He is so precious! Sorry you had to go through all that! but I'm glad both you and nash are doing better! Take care and let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!! take care!

Full House said...

major congrats! He is a little doll...I can tell. Wish I could see him in person. I'm very happy for you.

Yes you are missed..in fact I just a message that I was supposed to call you to tell you about some news. I need you phone # anyway so email me @ christinabrian1 at yahoo dot com.

Hope all is well Momma!

Lisa said...

Congrats! Nash is adorable! I love the name...my little Drew is Andrew Nash...for G-ma Berta and my dad (it's his middle name too) and my Mia was born on July 13th..connections connections!!
Enjoy the Blue!

The Welker Family said...

He is such a cutie! Congrats! I think that your little family deserves a long break from the hospital. You have put in more than your share in the last year. I'm glad that little Nash is doing so well. we need to come and see him!

Jordan and Luci said...

Congrats! I'm sure you're glad that's all over. It made me tired reading about it all! I hope recovery is going good! He's so stinking cute it almost makes me want another one...almost:)

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

I'm so glad you finally have him home and hope he is doing good. It was so fun to see you that day but wish you had been feeling better! I totally want to come up with Deanne sometime and see that sweet baby!

Cass and Natalia said...

Comgratulations!!! I am just now reading of this, sorry I've been out of the blogging world much lately! I'm so glad nash (cute name) is doing better and is HOME with you all. He is sooo cute, i'll bet it was different from having your girls, but it becomes so natural very quickly!! Hope you are recovering well and that your family is all doing great, take care, miss you!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! That is very sad, but I'm glad everything turned out okay.

Tammie said...

What a cutie! I guess it's the month of the boys! You are the third that I know of (besides me) who had a boy this month! He is a cutie! I'm glad everything turned out okay for you guys in the end! I can't imagine doing all of that!

Whitney and Michael said...

what a cute boy! CONGRATS! i had a similar story, brig was in the nicu for a couple days and had to have iv's in both hands because he kept ripping them out. it was so sad and especially with my first i was a little freaked out but it all works out. glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Eliza said...

He is so beautiful and I'm glad everything is ok. I bet your girls are just loving having a little one to cuddle. I'm so excited that I might get to see you in my lifetime now that we're closer than Texas! Let me know when you're around!

Kristi said...

Hey MaryAnn - we are going private ASAP and I need your email if you want to read! Thanks! If you just leave a comment on my privacy post I won't let anyone else see it! THX!

Kristi said...

Hey MaryAnn - we are going private ASAP and I need your email if you want to read! Thanks! If you just leave a comment on my privacy post I won't let anyone else see it! THX!