Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I've been tagged... My wedding story!


Where did you meet your husband?At my friends Doug Lindblom's house. I was working for Doug and he was good friends with Wayne... We all went out to the desert and watched a movie!


What was the first thing you said to your husband? "So you are Wayne Layton"... I had heard so much about him from his brother Brian and my (now) sister in law Katie (I knew them at EA).


Where was your first date? We went to the Diamond backs game and then swimming. I was SO excited when he called!


Where was your first kiss? In Gilbert, inside his truck, he was dropping my off to meet my roomate.


Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship? SHORT! Met Wayne May 20th... Engaged July 11... Married September 1, 2000.... we knew it was right and there was no use waiting! :)


Where did you get engaged? We got engaged in a cotton field! He was a farmer for his dad.. He took me out to a field and turned on music and we danced (We have only dance a couple of times since! :), I told him he tricked me, because I love to dance... it really was so sweet!) Then he told me to come look at something... He pulled out a huge boquet of daises (my favorite flower) and roses from the cotton and then pulled out the ring and proposed. It was so cute! I couldn't quit smiling or looking at the ring!


How was the honeymoon? So great!! We stayed in Scottsdale the first night, then flew to Vegas and stayed at a resort (the one on the movie "America's Sweethearts") and then stayed on the strip in the Luxor. It was so awesome... I wish we could go on another honeymoon!


I would love to hear your story... you are all tagged!

11 comments:

Stephanie Walker said...

Hey Maryann!
Long time no see! I just found your blog and it is so cute. Your girls are getting so big! We need to get together for the Holidays again. I just started a blog so here's the link if you want to check it out. Keep in mind it's still a work in progress!
www.stephandcurt.blogspot.com
Hope to see ya soon!
Stephanie

Dizzy Kate said...

I love your story. You guys are so cute.

kemra said...

What a cute story. You guys make such a cute couple - which makes sense because you have beautiful girls! How fun!

Becky said...

Hey Maryann. I saw you on Kristal's site and just wanted to say hi. Hope you're enjoying the house. Can't believe you moved in so quickly. I still have boxes of stuff and it's been 2 years! My site is www.nathanandbeckybuhr.blogspot.com

The Welker Family said...

How perfect for both of you... a cotton field! Every Thatcher girls dream :) Very fun. You are such a cute couple.

Anonymous said...

AHH!! I love the story before I read the answer I was seeing if I could remember everything like fisrt kiss, and proposal and I was pretty dang good, I love that we know so much even though I was in Utah I remember you calling and telling me it was so fun!!

Ami Bethea said...

You guys are so cute together! We had a fast engagement too - when you know, you know! Cute story.

Anonymous said...

Cute story! OUr courtship was quick too, it's true, when you know why wait!

Leah said...

That was a cute story! Hey girl...could you call me so we can set up a time for pictures? I will probably be there the weekend of the 13th. 480-980-7458
Thanks!
Leah

Deanne Wahl said...

Mary! It was fun to remember all those things! I had forgotten a ton. Tell your fam hi and give the girls a kiss.

Ashley said...

What a cute story! I haven't ever heard yours. I'll post mine. It's funny, I feel like we've been married a lifetime, but at the same time it seems like I met him just yesterday. I guess, if you're going to be married forever, it should feel like it is still new.


Ashley

p.s. We're moving down the street from you!