Friday, February 22, 2008

Take state EAGLES!!

Tomorrow we are headed to Mesa, AGAIN.. we have made so many short trips lately.. but tomorrow will be so fun. Thatcher boys basketball made it to the championships in the Glendale arena!! My little brother, who is a senior, is one of the starters! He is so good and we have gone to almost every game this season! I love small town sports, because the whole town (at least a lot of them) comes out to support the teams! Today as the team was leaving to mesa, they we escorted out of town by the police, and firetrucks (with their sirens) and lots of fans! It is so exciting! We are playing a really tough team, but hope to win tomorrow... I will keep you updated... Last weekend, during the playoffs, 9 out of 10 of the kids in my family were at the game! ... it was a pretty big crowd and really loud... It was so fun to be together and we missed Tom who didn't make it! Tomorrow I am leaving Haylee and Hanna with their cousins and Wayne and I are taking Maci to the game. It should be exciting!! GO EAGLES!!

4 comments:

The Welker Family said...

Heston is crossing his fingers for the Eagles too! Good luck Eagles!

Jaime said...

Hope you guys did well!! Love small town sports too!

Carl and Starla said...

Good luck Eagles...however you don't have to be from a small town for the entire community to get into the sports and support them. Here in the south sports is HUGE. Whenever the Tigers are playing the entire city is blue. Infact, Graceland changed their lights to blue this weekend just for the big basketball game. Anyhoo, I love feeling the excitment of the crowd cheering for their team. I hope that you guys have fun.

Miken Harding said...

Ahh...how fun. Hopefully they will win. You are only 10 minutes away from where I grew up at...Goodyear. Have fun!