Tuesday, August 26, 2008

just 2 more years...

until my brother Levi comes home! This is such a happy and sad time. Levi checked in to the MTC yesterday. He is going to Melbourne Australia. He will do so awesome and there will definately be a huge hole in our family with out him! Here are some of the "last" things that we have been doing with him (starting with the most recent)!!
GOODBYES

The airport... All 10 kids were able to come to Thatcher for the weekend, for the farewell. Then most everyone said their goodbyes as they headed back to their homes. All of the Thatcher family said goodbye at my mom's on Monday. Me, Travis, Mom, Dad, and Maci went to Mesa to send Levi off. My parents too him to Utah to the MTC. Here we are at the airport just before he left. (Maci stayed at Phil's house asleep, this was 5:30 in the morning)

Haylee and Hanna's last time to see Levi before he left. They stayed home with Wayne so they wouldn't miss school. (Thanks Suzanna for helping out!)

This was awesome! After everyone said bye at my parents me, Levi, Travis, and Maci were in my van heading to Mesa. As we drove out of my parents driveway, we looked up on the hill and there was my older brother Dave on his horse waving at Levi. This was really touching because Levi is a HUGE horseman. They called him horse whisperer in high school. This is a hill he road horses up many many times! Levi doesn't really show emotion, but he seemed very touched! (of course i was crying like a baby!)
FAMILY PICTURES
My sweet family
It was quite the chore getting 48 family members to all hold still and smile for a picture.. but I'm sure glad we did!
The 10 siblings
my cute sisters!
THE FAREWELL

Levi did an awesome job on his talk! I am so proud of him.. Australia is so lucky to have him!
My grandma Palmer. She is an amazing Lady. She is almost 90 and is still so on top of things!
so sweet!
ATHLETIC CLUB
Most the siblings and spouses all went to the athletic club in town and had a blast. We had a raquetball tournament and swam. It's always so fun to be together!
THE RANCH
The Layton's and Bethea's were so nice to let my take my family to the ranch. Everyone except 2 families made it! We loved being there! We spend most of our time in the pool. We had a killer game of football!
Hanna and Maci being goofy!
what a good dad!!

I know this is sick!! but i had to show what happened to my toe! When we were playing ft. ball in the pool, someone's foot came accross my toe and ripped it almost off. It was barely hanging on! It hurt SOOO bad! ... from the ranch, I went to Mesa to get my toenail removed. (oh my gosh, the numbing shot in your toe is heck!!) Luckily, sandal season is almost over.
CAMPING
My parents, Steven, Kami, Levi, Travis, and our family all went up to Mt. Graham to camp. We just stayed until late that night, because Wayne had to work the next day. We had smores and cobbler! yum! We had family home evening up there and enjoyed time as a family!
Our family (the smoke was in Maci's eyes!)
I love my dad!!
Mom, Dad, Travis

steven, Kami, Levi
RETURN WITH HONOR
I am so glad that we moved here a year ago, so I could be here for Levi's senior year. I loved going to all of his games, having him here for lunch during school, and having him over on sunday nights for bazookis! I loved all the time we got to spend with him. My girls love him (Maci calls him leli)! He will do an amazing job, but we will sure miss him!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family is truly amazing. Your parents even more. How many people have walked through your parents doors over the years and your dad still remembers the names? You have so much fun and it is really amazing to see the pictures of your get togethers!

Amber H. said...

K, so that story about Dave on the horse almost made me cry. How sweet is that? Your family pictures look great, and you look amazing as always! And last, holy cow about your toe nail. That is so gross and I'm getting nauseous just thinking of it. I hope it isn't hurting you anymore! Yikes! Feel better :o) It sounds like you guys had a blast though.

emmielou said...

Thanks girly. Your family pictures are so cute. And I love looking at your blog to see all the cute outfits and stuff that your girls are always in. Looks like you guys are loving Thatcher/Safford. Seems like it was a great move for your family.

Tom and Sue said...

You're so good at supporting everyone & everything! I really admire that about you! Loved the pictures...glad you're keeping track of such special memories. And thanks so much for the toe picture. I think that was my favorite one. :D

Ami Bethea said...

Your family looks like so much fun. Sean went to Melbourne also, he loved it. He still talks about it all the time. We are going to the ranch tomorrow! We love it there too. The pool looks so inviting in your pictures, I hope it's not too cold. Cute pictures Mary Ann, you guys are all so cute.

The Meehl Family said...

Levi will be AWESOME! Davis is anxiously awaiting his call...I can't believe they are old enough to be missionaries! Your family pics are cute!

The Meehl Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Life is always busy on your side of town. What an awesome family you have! Your brother will be a great missionary.

I am so glad you get to be so involved with both family's!

You family pictures are so cute! I love you hair.

Maranda Whittle said...

Those family pictures are so cute! What a huge family! And that one of Dave on top of the hill is awesome. Last week I saw someone riding a horse in front of our house and it was Levi, he was riding up the hill and Dylan ran over to the window to watch. I remember thinking, I'm not gonna see him do that for 2 more yrs!

Eliza said...

Your family looks so great. How awesome that everyone could be there before your brother left. It looks like so much fun.

Eliza said...

oh- and i forgot to say ouch about your toe!

Kristal said...

Sheesh, seriously you have no idea how badly I want to be Palmer! To be in a family of 10 kids, to go to all of the fun Palmer family shiz, and to be a skinny little cute girl! You guys stink! (spoken out of PURE jealousy!)

Ashley said...

Your family is so great. I'm so happy that another great missionary is out there, and I know he'll do a good job; he's a Palmer!

Dizzy Kate said...

Okay, your toe is sick. I'm glad you had so much fun with your family. So, you have one more brother to go on a mission, right? That is awesome that he is going on a mission to Australia. Your family is so cute.