our Getaway...
Wayne and I stayed in a resort in Scottsdale for our anniversary. (It's actually not until Sep. 1st, but we wanted to go before school started.) My brother Phil and his wife watched the girls one night and my inlaws watched them 2 nights. We really appreciate them making it possible for us to go... it was AWESOME!! I always love when Wayne and I get to spend time alone... I feel like we get so much closer and get to remember why we fell in love. I always realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing husband. He really is my favorite person! We laughed so much, and slept, and swam, read, and ate lots... it was all so great!
this is where we stayed... they had a deal that every night you stayed they gave you $100 dollars worth of food from their resort, so we ate a lot.. and it was GOOD food!
we both LOVE the water. it was fun to be alone and be able to race, or lay out, or whatever we wanted!
this is a view from the lake when we were out on the paddle boats
i love this guy!!
going home!! :(
i love any hotel with robes! i think it just seems so fancy! (i know i'm a dork!)
this was the sign on our door most of the time! :)
nice wayne! :)
paddle boats
one of my yummy breakfasts!
our view while we ate...
Girls Dentist Apts...
We still travel to Gilbert for our girls dentist. He is so good! (Dr. Quakenbush). Haylee needed 2 more silver caps and Hanna just got her teeth cleaned. Haylee had to be conciously sedated. It's a wierd thing, but totally works and luckily she didn't feel a thing..
Hanna brushing "big mouths" teeth
Haylee had to drink something that makes her totally tired and soon she is out and then they do the proceedure, but she can still answer questions and eveything. It is so wierd, but everything went great!
HAYLEE the Hairstylist...
Haylee loves to do the girls hair.. She did Hanna and Maci's hair the other day and it turned out great!!
FUN at Deanne's...
While we were in the valley we did some school clothes shopping and spent time with family. It was so fun! One night we stayed at Deanne's house. We always love to be there. My girls love her kids and I always love to spend time with my sister... Deannes' friend was there and cut my hair and colored it and then we rag-tied the girls hair. I have never seen it done, but you do THIS at night.....
and it looks like THIS in the morning.......
i think it turned out so cute! the curls were a little kinky... but cute!
Savanna, Maci, Hanna, JoAnn, Haylee, and Jay
My hair cut with the girls new do's! :)
24 comments:
It sounds like you guys have been way busy, but having a blast! Happy anniversary :o) I love getting away with my hubby for some alone time! It looks like you guys had a blast. And your new haircut looks great!
So fun to get away! Yummy food. Your girls are getting so grown up! Glad you are doing great! You look fablous!!!
OK! I'm soo making Jase read this post because he thinks I'm a dork becuase it took us MONTHS to plan our vacation and the one thing I always made him look for was robes! I'm the same way, if they have robes I lounge around it, then it's fancy! The resort we're staying at in Jamaica doesn't have robes in the rooms, but Jase called ot make sure that they can deliver some courtesy robes to our room everyday...CLEAN ONES! I'm soo excited about that. Um, ok your trip looks amazing. I'm wanting to do something like this for our anniversary. Jase did our last one and he did the B&B in Pine, so I want to do a Scottsdale Resort for ours. I'll hafta look into this one. Um, why the heck haven't I seen your sista Tanya all summer?! I miss her!!!! She bettered be doing morning aerobics with us in 2 weeks!
I love getaways with my hubby too! It is so nice to just be the 2 of you sometimes! My girls just had their first dental appt. this week, it went well. Your girls are adorable.
How nice! That hotel looks awesome. You & Wayne are so cute. Your girls are getting SO big!
Such a fun getaway!!! You look amazing and I miss you!
What a fun week! You and Wayne are so good about getting away. It sounds and looked like fun! Smart to go before school starts and all the activities it brings.
Your girls are SO cute! I love the curls. Good luck this week with school starting. It was good to talk to you today! You are awesome!
It looks like you had such a great week! You are always doing sooo much fun stuff! Your kids are so lucky!
How fun! The trip looks like a blast! I wish there were a do not disturb sign for my bedroom that would work for the kids. I love the girls hair! it looks so cute!
How fun! So many fun things. Good for you and Wayne. I love the rag do's! So cute!
HOw much fun to go to a hotel for your anniversary, I am trying to do that for ours this year. We will see if it works out. I love the girls hair, rag tying is so fun, I remember all the girls would do it for girls camp. Next time you come down you need to call me, I really want to see you,.
Hey what cute kids you have. That looked like a fun vacation. You live here and we don't even see each other. We need to go to lunch I have Fridays off. Have a great day.
OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!! how fun! I have a "little getaway" planned with Brian and he has no idea but I am counting down the days and everytime he walks through the door stressed out to the max i have to admit I am smiling a little inside. I wish i could fill him in on something to look forward to but it will be much funner to surprise him :0
You guys are adorable and I am so glad you got to get away. I love that time with them.
I had so much fun looking through all these posts!! You guys have been having such a fun summer ... the ranch looks like a heaven on earth for families! Wow! I loved all these pictures! What beautiful girls and you are such a sweet and wonderful mommy. I hope if I ever have a little girl someday that she'll be as sweet and amazing as yours are. Love you!
I am so glad you came. It really was fun to see you. It looks like you had a blast. Anytime you are this way, just drop by :) We will see you soon. I can't wait to be in Thatcher again!
looks like fun! i love that lake! :)
i love hotel robes too, so I guess we are both dorks. But not really. what a fun time away together! You guys are so cute
How fun. Sun, water, alone time and lots of food - four of my favorites. A $100 food credit - how come I never find good deals like that. My sister in law Lyndsey is the hygenist for Dr. Q. The awake sedation thing sounds crazy.
Hey, hope you don't mind I found your blog through Deanne's. (I guess that makes me a blog stalker.lol) It was so fun hangin' with you guy's and Alan and Deanne. We totally need to do it agian soon! You look so cute in every picture! I'm jeleous:) I am the same way with the robes. If a hotel has a robe I get so excited! Adam thinks I'm such a dork:) And I love your bathroom!! Those are the same colors I want to do mine in!
How fun! It is always nice to get away. Hey Dr. Quakenbush married my cousin. He is great! Not too much longer and I will be taking Belle there. I love how you and Deanne do such cute things with your girls hair. I just wish Belle would grow more hair.
Mary ann,
It was so fun to find your blog! I loved catching up on what you have been up to. Your little girls are so stinkin darling! It is neat that you guys are back in thatcher. Next time I am down in that area, it would be great to bump into you! It will be fun to check in on you from time to time. Take care! love, rach
Oh, everything looks like so much fun! How awesome to go to such a nice place with your hubby, that is always needed! You always do so many fun things, and your girls look cute with their hair!
What a fun getaway! It makes me think we need to re-do our 8th anniversary! Maybe when we are out of school we can manage to escape...
What an awesome getaway! So Fun! You look Fabulous in your robe.
Post a Comment