Monday, November 10, 2008

our weekend!

Another visit to the Gilbert area.. I love to go, but hate that I never have enought time to get everything done! I would love to have enough time to catch up (go to lunch) with each of my friends there, go shopping to all the stores I can't go to here (which is about every store), and eat at all the places we miss! ... but we still had a good time!
FRIDAY... we went to the temple. Our good friends the Farnsworth's watched our kids. Wayne and I were doing sealings. (we haven't done them forever!) It was such a wonderful experience. I love being in that Holy place and looking at my sweet husband and remembering that day 8 yrs. ago when we were married! What a happy day. I couldn't help but keep smiling at him and thinking "I'm a lucky girl!!" I was so thankful we made time for the temple.
After the temple we went to the Basha High school ft. ball game where SUMMER Farnsworth was cheering. Years ago, my awesome sister made my girls outfits to match Summer's. Everytime they wear it to one of her games.. they get a lot of attention! Look how cute they are!!

My girls have wanted to be cheerleaders ever since we started going to Summer's games. It was way before Maci came along. The two cheer outfits used to be for Haylee and Hanna.. now Haylee is way to big!
Me and Summer Lou.. She's so sweet and like a little sister to me.. and big sister to my girls!
NEXT.. we rushed over to the end of Wayne's nephews game. Wayne loves to be at his games. JD is so cute and such a great kid! He really impresses me and I hope one day I can have a boy as great as him!
I love how all the kids are looking up to JD!
SATURDAY.... Layton "fall/halloween" party! There was not a weekend before Halloween that it worked for us to get together.. so we had our annual party last weekend at David and Joanna's house. It is always fun, but I thought this year was especially great!
We had a bouncer....
Lots of sweet girls!
A GREAT dinner.. food is always good with the Laytons!
My girls LOVE to get re-acquainted with cousins!
Then.. we split in to groups and went to different booths (ran by the women).. this was the HUMAN TARGET SHOOTING boothHot Potato (I mean pumpkin)
FACE PAINTING... by me and Amber
Kessa and Maci.. so cute! (they are 4 months apart!)
Always basketball!
Who is the great artist you ask??? :)
The highlight of the night! CHUB RABBIT! This has been a tradition since Wayne was a boy.. His grandma made up this character, and he comes to every Halloween party with treats out of his garden.. This was the first year my kids weren't afraid of him!
I don't have many picture of the boy cousins... but here are a lot of cute girlies!
NEXT.. we roasted marshmellows and made smores!
A perfect way to end the great night!
Other great pics....
All the men in the family! Sorry girls, but my hubby has got to be the cutest! :) ( The Layton men all make fun to me because of the way I always brag about Wayne!)
All the women! I am so lucky to have married in to such an awesome family. I can honestly say all of these girls are my great friends! I love to get together and catch up and learn from them.. They are all amazing moms!
LAST... Sleepover ast Grandma's and Pop's... Our family, and Brad and Amber's family are the only one's who live out of town. We boths stayed at Mom and Pop's and our girls had so much fun sleeping together! We have a lot of fun memories with Brad and Amber and Annie when we all lived in the townhomes. It is fun for our girls to get to know eachother again!!

16 comments:

Cass and Natalia said...

How FUN! You guys have such great families, and your girls are so pretty, I can't believe how big Maci looks! It's been forever since I've seen them in person!

Natalie said...

Oh I just love all you guys! I miss Arizona because I miss seeing my Vance side of the family and the Laytons are some of the best there are! It was fun for me to see pictures everyone and their kids. I can't believe how big everyone is getting. How great!

Kristi said...

What a fun time! your girls look like they have sooo much fun wherever they are! I love the pics in the cheerleading outfits! how sweet!!!

Kerry Scarborough said...

Hey! Just wanted to say that our family has our own blog finally! Love your blog!

brooksandkerryscarb.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

That looks like so much fun! It looks like you have great in-laws. LUCKY!

Dizzy Kate said...

Was that a typo about Wayne being the cutest Layton boy? I thought it was Brian! Just joking (but not really.)

It was so fun seeing you this past weekend. You are so much fun and I love talking to you. I miss you tons. Your visits go by way to fast!

4 princesses & then 1 prince said...

Yay, looks like you had a great time with Chub too! I love all the pics! What a great family tradition.

Lori said...

Fun family traditions, looks like everyone had fun. Love seeing the pics of everyone! The little ones are sure growing up fast. Sure miss you all! Glad you got to see Summer cheer, fun!

Aaron and Lehua said...

You guys really know how to party! It looked like lots of fun!

pawlowski said...

I'm jealous you get to hang out with everyone!! Looks like the Halloween party was fun! Such cute kids!!

Haymore Family said...

wow that was quite the post! jk your girls are cute and i am waiting for a little announcement i hope!? anyways, im going to thatcher for thanksgiving. will yall be there? we are going to have a little party for bryson its his bday that weekend too! you are more than welcome to come have some cake! hope to see ya soon!

Full House said...

I now what you mean about trying to fit everything in. It's so hard because you do want to see people but that's just how it is.

Did you know Dave and Kim Allen are moving to Thatcher?

Anyway always fun to come on your blog.

Ashley said...

How fun! It looks like you have a great set of inlaws!

Lisa said...

I can't believe how big JD is! I still picture him at like 8...Maybe that is because I've been out of AZ for....7+ years....maybe that makes sense....is he like 15? Anyhow I enjoyed reading your post I miss Halloween with the family...

Carl and Starla said...

Hey Maryann, looks like you guys had fun! I need to ask you a question, but can't find your email address! Do you have mine? If so, please email me, if not, I will ask KT for yours.

Unknown said...

I totally saw you guys on the freeway this Friday you were in town. I was on my way to shoot a wedding at the temple and we both got off on Mesa drive. I tried to wave but nobody saw me :(
fun fun! cute pictures!