Most of the time Hanna wanted Wayne. He was so great to just be there for her and missed a week of work. It was bad timing because he got behind right at the beginning of Tax Season! But he was amazing! At least one of us (Wayne or I) was there every minute of the day. We took turns with the other girls and Hanna.
More precious moments.. After this (on Saturday), they were able to keep the oxygen off of Hanna for the rest of the day and the night... which made it possible for her to go home on Sunday!
Wayne's parent's came down from Gilbert to spend the day. It was fun to see them!
A turn of events...
Back up a couple of days... On friday I took Maci in to the dr. for fever and cough (sound familiar?).. The Dr. said that Maci also had pneumonia and he wanted to check her the next day. On Saturday, she was still sick, but not worse. Well on Sunday...
I walked in the room to see Hanna (Haylee and I were dressed for church, and we didn't know if Hanna was going to be released or not!) I brought Maci to be checked by the dr. that was checking Hanna that morning. When I got the hospital, Hanna was smiling and giggling, and Wayne looked so relieved... so I could tell the news was good. Hanna gets to go home! Then the dr. turned to check Maci and as he listened to her and checked her oxygen, he decided Maci needed to be admitted!
Are you kidding me? It was such an overwhelming feeling! Hanna had already been in the hospital for 5 days! So while they prepared Hanna to head home, they hooked Maci up with IV's (she did great too). We made arrangments for my mom to take Hanna home, while I went to YW for my part of the lesson, and Haylee went with Brad and Amber.
Here we are with Hanna happy as can be... and Maci sick and miserable!
Hanna is ready to go home .. and Maci is just getting situated in her bed. We stayed in the same room.. just switched beds.
Maci was a completely different patient than Hanna. She smiled, made faces, talked on the phone to people, was kind to the nurses (said thank you, etc), and took her medicine so great. Everytime a nurse or dr. walked in she would reach for my hand, then she was fine! She was so so sweet!
Wayne had to go back to work this week. He has a lot to catch up on, but he would come whenever he could. I was pretty much at the hospital 24-7 for almost 5 days with Maci. Wayne stayed one night to relieve me. My mother in law came down from Monday to Wednesday also and was a HUGE help with the kids and house! She would come to the hospital so I could go home and shower.. then stay with my girls at home the rest of the time! It was GREAT to have her.
This is Maci's best friend and cousin, Addie! They are trouble when they are together! but they are also so much fun! Addie brought Maci a bucket full of treats. We rolled Maci down to the cafeteria so they could spend some time together!
HOME AT LAST!!
After 5 days in the hospital for each girl.. We were able to come home! It was so so nice to have our whole family under one roof again. It was an exausting week to say the least!! But I have to say I have the greatest appreciation for all my friends and family and ward! I was blown away at the kindness of everyone! We had at least a couple visitors and phone calls everyday... and meals 4 times! I am thankful for eveyone that was so kind and for the prayers!
I am SO thankful for my girls being home! They have recovered fast since we have been here! I think they love being in their own environment! They are the sweetest things and I'm so lucky to be their mom!!! and I'm thankful for a good, supportive husband who loves them as much as I do!! (who we won't see much for the next couple of months... until April 15th!)
P.S. We were home one peaceful night and then last night and today Haylee has been sick and throwing up!! I just keep reminding myself... it won't always be this way!
26 comments:
Wow - what a story. That is crazy. I'm glad everyone finally made it home. What a week.
That is so crazy, i felt so bad when i saw you on sunday! i am so glad that part is over and i hope haylee feels better! You are a trooper!
That is absolutely bnuts and rediculous all at once. I hope everyone has a quick turn around and you can move on...hospitals are NO fun!
How sad! Your poor little family. It always makes me sad to see such little people in the hospital. I hope Haylee gets better soon and I'm so glad your other two aren't in hospital anymore. Poor girls. Poor you!
Oh my goodness poor little girls! I hope that everyone will get and stay well!!!! What a loving family and friends you have been blessed with to help out so much! That is great! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
We are so glad your all home!!!! Love ya so much and glad prayers are answered.
Wow what a crazy couple weeks for you that is just awefull!! I'm so glad they are doing better. are you doing ok?? let me know if I can do anything for you!!
I'm so sorry- you poor thing! I wish I could come help you!
I hope that Haylee starts feeling better soon - and that it doesn't end up in her lungs...you guys need another vacation!
Oh my heck!! Sounds like you have had a crazy couple of weeks. I can't believe both girls had to be admitted, that is unbelieveable. I am so glad they are both doing great now. Having sick kids is never fun especially ones in the hospital. Sounds like you need another vacation!!!!
What a scary couple of weeks. It stresses me when my kids are sick for long periods of time while at home, I couldn't even imagine having them in the hospital. I am soo sorry all that happened. Glad that you are all home together and hope that Haylee recovers quickly and the rest of you stay healthy.
Oh my goodness that is so crazy!! I kept thinking that you would call and tell me about the funeral etc and now I know why you didn't I should of been calling you!! I am soooo glad they are home and feeling better, I hope Haylee gets better soon!!
That is such bad luck! I bet you guys were just dying when you found out Maci had to be checked in after all you had already been through. I'm so glad they are feeling better and hope Haylee gets better soon.
What the HECK! Can we say TRIALS!!! I hope you were feeling ok through all of this....bless your heart! Hope your Haylee stays well
So sad! You're girls are too cute and fun to be sick in the hospital. So glad that whole ordeal is over. And Wayne did get behind, but we would rather he be there.
P.S. I miss you guys. :(
So sorry to hear about all the sickness. Glad everyone is home and hope Haylee is feeling better. Thank heavens for familY! Glad you have lots of it! Hope life will get back to normal.
So sorry to hear about all the sickness. Glad everyone is home and hope Haylee is feeling better. Thank heavens for familY! Glad you have lots of it! Hope life will get back to normal.
I am so glad everyone is okay! What a crazy couple weeks for you! You are an awesome Mom and I'm sure you handled everything wonderfully!
I heard about your girls the other day from Allison. Bless your heart. That is so hard. I tears me up when I have to take Parker to the ER. I can hardly stand from crying. You are so strong!
I heard about your aweful couple of weeks so so sorry! I wish I was closer so I could help out! We will be thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers.
I'm so happy they're home and hope Haylee is doing better. Sure wish we could have been there to help, but it sounds like you were well taken care of. Sure love you all!
Wow! What a rough time. Hope your girls are healthy now for a while. Hospitals are no fun!
That's awful!! I can't beleive they both had to be in the hospital.
Wow MaryAnn, what a story. I'm sure it was miserable for everyone. I hope things have gotten better. How are you feeling in all of this?
That is so sad! I am happy that everyone get better. What great support you had. Your girls are just beautiful! I hope that the flu isn't over taking your household now:)
Holy Cow! That sounds horrible. Thank goodness the hospital is close. One of the joys of living in a small town. I am so glad that you all are finally healthy.
Did you know that we are in the middle applying to medical school? Where did Brad go to school?
We saw your Dad on Sat. at the groundbreaking for the temple. It made me miss you. We really should see each other sometime. Have a great and Healthy day!
Ok, I've been feeling totally overwhelmed with things going on right now, but after reading this post I feel MUCH better. Thank you. I'm so sorry about all the sickness- that is so awful. I'm glad that the kids are doing better now. How nice to live by family that can help!
Post a Comment