Thursday, April 12, 2007

How Happy Are YOU?

For all of you who watch Oprah, you will know what prompted me to write this... Yesturday the show call "How happy are you?". It had a list of questions you were supposed to answer. (7 being the highest, and 1 on the lowest). You were supposed to add up your score and the results would tell you how happy you are. The questions were:

1. In most ways, my life is close to ideal. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2. The conditions of my life are excellent. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
3. I am satisfied with my life. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
4. So far I have gotten the important things I want in life. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
5. If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

As I answered these questions in my head, I could honestly put a 6 or 7 on every one. I felt so blessed. Some of the people on the show had a total of 5. I feel that no matter what your situation is, you can be positive and make the most out of life. Maybe that is easy for me to say becuase I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband, three adorable girls, and the best family and friends in the world, and of course, the gospel! Wayne and I have talked a lot about how constantly blessed we are. My friend Jaymi wrote some thoughts similar to these on her blog last week. As I watched Oprah and thought about my happiness, I realized I couldn't be any happier and I am so thankful to have you all in my life and I know the gospel and the Lord's plan is what makes our lives complete. Well, that is my long thought for the day. I'm not normally this deep, I know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary, I think you are amazing! Thanks for all you do and for the example you are to me! You are the greatest! Love ya-Deanne

Creative Corner said...

Yeah you are pretty much amazing. I think that is the word I think of when I think of you! I am glad things are so great, and we do love Wayne and your kids! Cant wait to be back when is Bunko,I am actually flying out to Omaha, but next week I will be there! YEAH!

Ami Bethea said...

Geez, I scored 22 total. I don't feel unhappy though, just that I have a lot yet to accomplish in order to feel "satisfied" with my life. I have a lot of schooling that I want to do and I didn't have the happiest childhood so it wouldn't be honest to say I wouldn't change anything. I watched this Oprah and I remember thinking the same things I'm typing right now! I'm going to have Sean do this, it's a real eye opener. Can you imagine only scoring a 5 TOTAL? How completely sad. I am blessed in many, many ways and I don't take it for granted for a second, I just still have a lot to do! Whoa, this is way too long. Great post!