Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We thank thee oh God for a prophet...




I know this is a little late, but I wanted to pay tribute to my favorite prophet! I love and adore him and think he was perfect! I am so thankful to have lived in these days and to have had him at the head of our church. I want to be like him! I have so many of his words in my home and heart! Some of my favorites are:

*Try a little harder to be a little better!

*In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

*Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, Be Prayerful, Be Still, Be Involved, Be Positive

I want to be all of these things like he is! I am thankful for his optimism and faith in each of us! I am so happy to think of him, a beloved prophet, entering the spirit world and being with his wife and all who have passed before him that love him like we do! What a sweet picture that would be! President Hinckley, you will be greatly missed!!

6 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

I too will miss him greatly,thanks for your sweet thoughts about Pres. Hinckley.

Miken Harding said...

You could not have said it better. What a legacy he left for all of us to follow.

Dizzy Kate said...

Were you able to watch the funeral yesterday? I love that you have some of those quotes in your house. I love the one about having laughter and fun. I too feel so blessed to have lived in a time when President Hinckley led the church. I liked reading yoru thoughts.

Haymore Family said...

he is just the cutest man in the world! definitely my favorite!

but you got tagged the rules are on my blog! i hate getting tagged so haha!

Creative Corner said...

I love this man! Thanks for the post. I so want to do this too! You are awesome!

Jen & Blake said...

I couldn't agree more with you about being my favorite prophet and wanting to be like him! I love your quotes that you shared too. He will be greatly missed but never forgotten:)

Will you email us contact info for Wayne's office. Blake would love to talk to him about getting his business started and needs some direction on setting things us. Thanks! blakesc78@hotmail.com