Monday, July 7, 2008

proud to be an AMERICAN!!

If you live in Thatcher, you will understand how our morning on the 4th of July went... At 5:30, or 6 a.m. there are fire engines driving around town with sirens on and honking their horns! (growing up we lived far enough out we didn't hear them.. but HOLY COW.. it is annoying!) the girls actually thought it was pretty great. Lacey Layton (our cousin) stayed the night at our house and went with us that morning to the track field for the fesivities... We watched the parade and then went to a program. It was good, but WAY to long... then there was a watermelon bust, and then the firemen spray the kids with the firehose. It was a fun morning, but we all woke up too early... Later that day we went to a pizza buffet, went swimming, and later that night had a bbq at Steven and Kami's (I forgot my camera!) We watched the fireworks in our backyard. It was a great day and I was reminded how lucky we are to live in this great country.. and great town!

Cute cousins!... I left Maci at home sleeping with Wayne.. Wayne didn't mind staying behind at all!

This was about how far back the girls stayed from the water!

Watermelon Bust

At R & R Pizza (my favorite!)

Sunday outfits!

11 comments:

Leah said...

Hey girl
It was good to see you this weekend. Your girls looked so cute in their 4th outfits.....there is nothing like small town 4th of July's....Happy b-day to your baby....I feel ya on the baby hungry thing.....and I love monsoon's! Thatcher had some good ones while I was there!

Natalie said...

Glad to see you had a happy fourth! I love your kids cute, festive dresses. So sweet!

Dizzy Kate said...

I'm happy you had so much fun. We had a blast too, but I forgot to take pictures. I haven't seen you in forever. I hope to see you soon!

Heather said...

Maryann! Hey lady your girlies are so stinkin cute! We have the same last name! Small world huh? So I had no idea it was your husband with the Layton financial thing, cuz clint started up a small business and then another with his brothers and I didn't even know it was your husband....geez! Good to see your cute family!

Lori said...

Looks like so much fun. You are the coolest mom. Your girls are so cute. I love to read your blog. Hope we can connect sometime soon.

Kristin said...

How fun - except the fire sirens at 5:30am. I love small town stuff.

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday. Your girls look adorable as ALWAYS. I just ignored those sirens, you're a funner mom than me.

Deanne Wahl said...

Your girls look so cute in their sunday dresses, and you look great! You aren't supposed to look that good so early in the morning!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

My favorite thing about the 4th is buying all the cute clothes. Your girls look so cute! I'm with you and the small town thing. We love going to Eagar on the 4th!

Ashley said...

Cute fourth pictures. We must sleep hard, we never heard the fire engines!

Whitney said...

It's Whitney! When I set my blog to private, did I ever send you an invite? If not, email me your email address. wiggywhit11@hotmail.com