Tuesday, October 21, 2008

GRahAm COuNty FaIr!!

Who doesn't love a small town fair! It is the big thing in town here! Thatcher schools are even let out of Friday for "fair day"! I love it! It is always fun to have Haylee home from school! We started the morning off with the parade with our Palmer cousins. Then Wayne got off work early and came with us to ride some rides. The girls loved being there!.... (so do I) and Wayne is a great sport! Each of the girls rode a couple rides with either Wayne or I. Then Wayne is always so nice to let me go on a couple "big kid" rides! Since he doesn't love them, I found a couple people to go with me. My little brother Travis rode one ride with me and then I rode with Camille Daley Haymore on the other one! They were both so fun. I was screaming the whole time about how I hated it.. then when it was over I wanted to go again! I can't handle crazy spinning rides since I have had babies, but these two were so fun! The girls probably think their mom is crazy, but we had a great time!! After the rides, we went over to see the animals. The girls loved seeing all the birds their uncle Travis put in! He put their name on a pigeon and it got a blue ribbon! After the fair, we went to eat with my mom at La Casita!! YUM! Then my mom is the awesomest lady.. she took our kids to her house and let them have a sleep over since I had a garage sell early in the morning with my sister in laws and Wayne would be at work! She's the best! It was a WONDERFUL weekend!!
My three cuties!
Haylee by her prize winning pigeon!
and cute Hanna
Grandpa and Grandma with Maci
At the parade... my girls and Kemilee Maci's favorite ride
Haylee and Travis
One of my favorite rides.. the boat (cheesy smile I know!)
I think my girls were more excited about the cotton candy than any ride! Me and Camille on "cliffhanger"... so fun!
My girls and Layton going on the Farris Wheel!
Always a favorite...
Good times...

15 comments:

Jamielynn said...

OK seriously could you be any cuter. You are so beautiful and SO much fun. I love that you got to ride the rides. It kinda makes you feel like a kid again huh!! Well once again you are the best mom!!! Looks like you all had such a great time!!

Vicky said...

looks like fun!!!! Tell your girls - i like the cotton candy too - and its Blakes fav!

See it Try it Love it said...

Looks like a ton of fun, I am super jealous small town fairs are the best & La Casita.

Shawna said...

I missed the fair this year. I would go to this over the state fair anyday. Such good memories at the graham county fair!
Your girls look adorable. I also love that pic of your mom and dad. I miss your dad. He's an amazing man!

Ashley said...

You are brave! I am so afraid of the ferris wheel.

Maranda Whittle said...

I was still on vacation when the fair was here, so I missed it. Cindy took Dylan, so I'm glad he got to go!

And hey, I told your mom that I'd tell you thanks also, she gave me a halloween pail with chocolate in it for Visiting Teaching and she said that you made them. It's very cute, so thank you!!

Amber H. said...

I love that cliffhanger ride! So this is the only reason I was sad to take my trip to Utah...I missed the fair! Josh took the girls and I was so sad I missed the fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time, and how nice of your mom to take your girls! I wish mine would do that!

Kristi said...

That looks like such a blast - MMMMM cotten candy! You are such a fun mom!!!!

Miken Harding said...

So much fun!!! I love stuff like that. The only bad part is Phil gets real motion sickness-so I hope our kids take after me, so we can go have fun with out dad!

Natalie said...

You are such a good mom! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Sommer said...

sounds like a blast... i'm sad that i miss out on "thatcher stuff"!

Becky said...

Ahhhh, I love the fair. Too bad I was outta town. Bummer, I would have loved to take Elly. And Holy Moly, I am SORE! I thought it was because I missed a week while I was in Florida, but I guess I'm not the only one.

JoAnna said...

Glad your small town fair is fun, ours needs a little work (maybe it is that we are too cheap to pay for the small rides so we don't enjoy the fair like you do). I love that you call Wayne "Layton". Now you know why we named our first Layton, it is a great name. Funny thing is that Derek calls him LR after grandpa a lot(he was named Layton Roy after grandpa). So when, if ever, we have a get-to-gether with everyone we will have to remember that there is more that one Layton (first name).

Anonymous said...

I didn't see you on any of the crazy rides, is that b/c you were throwing up:) I LOVE the fair, we had so many fun memories there!!

girltrapped said...

Hey Friend. I got the outfits from Old Navy, online. Don't know if they still have them. I'm pretty sure they have the tights and dress. But don't know about the sweaters and the skirts. But those are easy, they are just denium, you can get those just about anywhere. I'm no fashioniesta! That is for sure! Talk to you later.