Thursday, December 6, 2007

PoLaR eXpReSs

The whole Layton family went to Williams, AZ to ride the POLAR EXPRESS train. We all wore red pj bottoms and our matching family shirts... we had a quite a few people looking at our HUGE group in matching clothes! IT was SO cold.. but fun to bundle up! It was such a fun experience. The girls loved every minute of it. On the train, we had hot cocoa, cookies, and sang songs... Then at the "north pole" Santa come aboard the train and brought all the kids a bell. It was the perfect amount of time and fun! We all stayed in the same hotel.. got in trouble for being so loud... but it was an awesome trip! The girls loved the indoor pool at the hotel. There was TONS of rain, so we missed going to the deer farm.. but everything else was great! I definately want to do it again!





CUTE kids!

Maci getting a bell. I was so suprised she didn't cry!

All the grandkids (except one newborn) with Grandma and Pop

The indoor pool at the hotel. The kids have been asking to swim a lot lately and I keep telling them they have to wait until summer... so they LOVED getting to swim!

22 comments:

RegaNater said...

That is the coolest thing. I never knew anything like that existed. How far away is that from Gilbert? Well I'm glad you are doing good, Nate and I need to get up to Thatcher soon, it has been too long!

Stacy said...

That is so much fun!! The kids are so cute. I hope you're feeling better!

Stephanie Walker said...

We did that a couple years ago and Emma loved it. We haven't had a chance to do it again, but hopefully next year! So fun!
Can you send me your address? I'm trying to get my Christmas cards sent out and i don't think i have your new one. Here's my email: stephiewalker1@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Sommer said...

How fun! It's always fun to do that kind of stuff with all of your family.

Amber H. said...

This looks like SO much fun! My mom just told me about this a few days ago, so we are planning on taking the kids next year. I think it's something we will need to plan out a little bit, but how fun! I love that you all went matching ;o) Your girls look like they had a ton of fun too! I'm glad they got to swim...what is it with swimming? My kids are bugging me about the same thing! Almost every day they are like, mommy, I want to swim! I'm like, it's freezing! We have to wait until summer :o) Too funny!

fuz&michelle said...

Hey I'm glad I found your blog! Your kids are so cute! Polar Express looks fun, how lucky to have such a great, fun extended family! :)

Anonymous said...

AHH cute!! Looks fun, and I love the matching clothes :) Well I hope all is well and that you are feeling better!

Miken Harding said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm sure your kids will always remember that trip! I still remember when we'd go ride go carts for family home evening! Merry Christmas

Maranda Whittle said...

How cool. I 've been wanting to go do that! I have been to the deer farm though!

Mary-Sunshine said...

I LOVE IT!!! I have been wanting to go and now that Evelynne is here, we are going to go! We are going to go next year, this just makes me sooo excited!

Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun! How far in advance did you have to sign up? I'm looking forward to seeing you in the ward; our house is almost done, and it can't come fast enough.

Haymore Family said...

so fun! i can't wait until bryson understands christmas and everything! so fun!
anyways, we are coming for christmas sat. thru tues or wed! anyways, i want to see you too, you are never there when i come! are u staying there for christmas? we are thru if you aren't!

Haymore Family said...

oh yes by the way, in that picture is megans cousin whitney! we lived together in mesa! love her married michael romney!

Becky said...

We were just talking about this other day and that we should do it next year. Sounds like fun. Elly would love it.

Haymore Family said...

hey i need your address! if you don't want to leave it on a comment you can email it! rc_haymore@msn.com thanks

Randy and Jenni Bryce said...

Mary Ann,
It looks like you guys had a great time! I just wanted to let you know we have a blog now. I have had fun looking at yours. It is a work in progress, but hopefully I will get the hang of it! I haven't seen you for a while, hope things are good.
Love,
Jenni
randyandjennibryce.blogspot.com

The Welker Family said...

Cute winter pictures! I'm excited for Dani to get old enough to enjoy the Polar Express. We won't live as close to it as we do now when that happens. The swimming looks like a blast.
Hey, I need your address and if you have Phil and Kristys that would be nice too. My email address is melissawelker@hotmail.com Thanks - Merry Christmas!

kemra said...

THat looks like so much fun! I am hoping that next year we can do that. It would be a fun Christmas tradition!

See it Try it Love it said...

So jealous, I love the Polar Express, I would go every year if we could. You all look so super cute in your p.j.s and matching shirts, what a sight you must have been.

Misty said...

MaryAnn! I'm so glad you found my blog and left a comment. I just spent forever looking through your blog - it is so cute. It was fun to see what you guys are up to. I actually saw you a few weeks ago in my parent's ward. I wanted to come talk - but was having "issues" with my kids and had to make a quick exit. I'll make sure and track you down next time! Cute blog!

Lisa said...

Maryann,
I am new to this whole blog thing and I want to know how you did the title...the scrapbook page looking thing? Your blog is great!!! Mine is in the early stages.

livinthelarsenlife.blogspot.com

Lisa (Layton) Larsen
lisaglarsen@yahoo.com

Joe and Laura said...

My Dearest Mary Ann, I too am so excited we found each others blogs. Last night we went to the Lunts Christmas Party, and it was supposed to be old Bunko people, but only Natalia, and Summer Lunt were there, but I totally missed you and everyone else. Your girls are so adorable, it's good to see you are loving Thatcher. Love lots, lala