Thursday, January 3, 2008

Holiday fun!

Christmas was so fun this year! I was SO proud of Haylee and Hanna in their school programs! They are both shy, so I was a little worried, but they both did AWESOME! We delivered plates of goodies to some friends and family. The girls loved helping! We acted out the Nativity story at my parents house. Haylee was Mary and Hanna and Mac were angels! All of my family came to town except one brother (who we missed)... 9 out of 10 kids isn't bad! It was so fun and made for some late nights!! :) My mom's gift (besides my AWESOME temple pic) was a book of bedtime stories that she wrote and illustrated. It was so awesome to have all her stories of when she was younger to read to our kids!
My kids loved Christmas morning.. I made them eat an orange before we went to our gifts... because I had to eat one when I was growing up! They got everything they wanted! It was a great year. We also had a baby shower for my cute sister in law Kami, due in March. It was fun to be together.


The only bad part of the holidays was a very sad death. Wayne's first cousin (becky) lost her baby boy. He was one year old and died on Christmas morning. She is about our age and has two other kids. She is an awesome mom. We droved down to Mesa for the funeral and we were so glad we could be there. Becky and her husband were amazing. They were so strong. The funeral really inspired me and made me want to be a better person. It is amazing that one sweet boy could make such a difference. I was thankful to be a part of the family and attend the funeral. My heart aches for Becky and Graham. I can't begin to imagine how they feel. This experience made me re evaluate what is important in life and remind me of the plan of Salvation. I am so grateful that the Lord made it possible to be with our families FOREVER... there is no where else I would rather be!

14 comments:

Dizzy Kate said...

It was fun reading about what you did for Christmas. We missed you. We will miss you even more in Nashville. : (

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. Next year hopefully I will get to see you, b/c I think we will be going to Thatcher. I am sorry to hear about your cousins son that is so sad. When stuff like that happens it really makes you appreciate the gospel :) Well I am going to go eat an orange now b/c when I saw that picture I felt like one :)

Miken Harding said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. But thank goodness for the gospel, what would we ever do with out it. You look beautiful. Your kiddos are growing fast. I miss your dad...tell him hello!

Ami Bethea said...

I'm so glad you guys came up for the funeral, and what a drive to just turn around and go back right after! I know it meant a lot to Graham & Becky. Your Christmas pictures are so darling, your girls are the cutest! Be sure to let us know when you are coming sometime when you'll have extra time and we'll make plans to hang out. Love ya!

April Bethea said...

It was so good to see you at the funeral. I wish that we had more time to talk! I agree with Ami, next time you come we need to plan some extra time to hang out and do something fun. You are such a sweet-heart and I am so glad that we are related! :)

The Welker Family said...

Mary Ann, I love your new header! So cute! Your girls are absolutely adorable. What a good looking family you have! Looks like Christmas was a blast. You have the coolest family. Fun times!
I feel so bad for your cousin. I can't even imagine going through something like that.

Maranda Whittle said...

What cute pictures! Glad you had a good Christmas!

JoAnna said...

Hey Maryann, What a darling family. I just told Katie that seeing you guys at the funeral made me realize how out of touch we are with all of Derek's cousins and their families. I link to your blog through Aprils so that I could see your cute family. I had no idea you guys had three girls, wow. A couple more and you could be just opposite of us with five boys. Glad your Christmas was fun. It was really good to see you at the funeral, hopefully next time it is under better circumstances.
From the middle of nowhere,
JoAnna Bethea

Deanne Wahl said...

Your blog looks awesome! I am so glad that you were able to fix it. I had not ever seen your girls Christmas dresses! They are so cute! I can't wait to see you again. I may try to go to Levi and Travis' game in Tucson. Jump in with mom and meet me there!! :)

Ashley said...

Your pictures are wonderful. I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. The plan of salvation and eternal families are wonderful. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for my kids, and I can't imagine ever being without them.

Cicily said...

What a bitter-sweet Christmas. It looks and sounds like you had a great time. So sad that it was overshadowed by the funeral. I guess it does help to keep everything in perspective. Love the Christmas card!

Mary-Sunshine said...

The best part of Christmas is being with your family! How neat that so many of your brothers and sisters were there! I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss. I can't begin to imagine how difficult that must be. I am sooo glad that they have the gospel to lean on!

Jamie Taylor said...

MaryAnn! How are you! It has been a while since I've seen you! We moved to Prescott, UT, then we moved back here, but as I'm reading, you're back in Thatcher. How fun for you guys! (It's Jamie Guthrie--Taylor, by the way). I was just blog hopping and found you. :) I'm weird. :) But hey, I have one, too. If you wanna send me your e-mail, I'll send you an invite. Mine's: music_gal27@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon! Your girls are so beautiful!

Miken Harding said...

Love your new layout! Come to TX so you can do mine!