1. i know to most of you this just looks like a block wall.. but to me it looks like a way to keep rattlesnakes out of our backyard! :)

2. most everyone has heard that we are going to have a temple in the gila valley! i am so excited about this. it is awesome that once people in thatcher started attending more regularly, that we will have a temple so close!! i will always love the mesa temple and have special memories there (my endowments, wedding, etc) but the gila valley temple will be a great place to make memories for my girls!
3. my sweet little hanna will be getting her tonsils and adnoids out this thursday... it is much needed, but i'm not looking forward to it! her dr. wants us to stay in gilbert for 7 days to make sure she recovers ok.. so anyone that wants to visit, feel free!! :) and please keep hanna in your prayers!
4. yuck! horrible picture... but i had to show proof that i ran a 5k.. it's called "the best cotton pickin' race"... it was so hard and i had to walk a couple of times for just a minute, but it felt so good to finish!! i ran with my sister in law, trainer, and a friend.
5. Maci is hallarious and so much fun! she says thank you about everything! (it's a great habit to get in to!) i love to pop my kids toes (i know, i'm not very nice) but after i did that to maci she said "thank you!" love that girl!!
6. my awesome little brother, levi just got his call to Melbourne, AUSTRALIA! He is so excited and will do a great job! i will miss him tons and i'm so glad i have been here with him for the last year.. i get to see him just about every day!!
7. i straightened haylee's hair the other day and it is SO long and pretty! i love it curly, but straight is so pretty too!! she doesn't realize how lucky she is to have such great hair!!
8. our new favorite thing is to go out to my mom's house and rope thier "fake" cow and just ride horses. levi is so great with the horses and roping and it is so fun to get out there. it's good for my girls to be outside and learn to be tough! wayne is loving the roping and we are all loving the small town country life!
9. SO SWEET! i went in to the girls room the other night and this is what i found... maci loves to copy her sister and they are so good to her! i love my girlS!!
10. last month (two days after tax season was over) we drove down to mesa to go to the temple with wayne's family. everyone was there except for wayne's brother who is not married and one other married couple. it was a great experience and so fun to be together. we really miss the layton side of the family!! it was a quick, one day trip, but well worth it!!



25 comments:
that is so fun you are loving it where you are and getting a temple. What an exciting time.
Wow, sounds like you are busy. I will keep your little one in my prayers, I am sure she will do great...kids tend to rebound very quickly!
Are you at Mom and Pop's right now? I know you told me you were going to be in town, but exactly what days are you going to be here. I am going to try and call to see if you are there. Poor Hannah. I will definitely pray for her. Also, that is awesome about your brother's mission call. One of my guy friends got called to Australia and he learned the some kind of chinese language. Sounds like you are busy and having fun!
You have 10 great things going on in your life. Fun post.
I am jealous of your wall! One day I will post mine, let's say the year 2012. I love all the cute pictures. The prayer one is so sweet.
When you are hear for Hannah let us know and maybe we can get all the girls together with Deanne. Hope all goes well with her! Tell them we said Hi!
Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun lately. I do not envy you at all having to deal with a child who will just have had her tonsils and adnoids removed. Talon had to do that last year while we were on vacation (more like the vacation from hell) in Flagstaff. It was not fun dealing with him after the surgery. He was pretty grouchy for awhile. I wish you all the luck in the world.
So fun, congrats on the temple, I knew someday you guys would get one! YEah for the 5k, I did my first one last month-it's a rush huh? Great job!
Hey I didn't know about Hannah, darn that stinks! I've been there and it's no fun (I still remember it and I was 6). I know your in Gilbert, but if you need anything let me know. And by the way so cool about the 5K.
Wow, you guys have a lot going on! First, I hope Hannah does good on her recovery! I'm sorry to hear that she has to get that done and she is so little...yikes! Second, good job on your 5K...wow! When do you find the time to do something like that? I never seem to have a minute! I love that picture of the temple...so pretty! And the picture with your girls saying their prayers is just too precious. That one will be so fun to have when they get older! Thanks for keeping us up to date :o)
Wow sounds like everything is great. That is so cool about the temple maybe now I will really have to come up and visit. Hudson is the same way with Thank you's i love it. I also love to pop toes, at least I know I am not the only one.
Looks like you are doing awesome. I'm proud of you for running the 5k. And popping their toes!! Ouch! J/K
Fun, fun, I haven't looked at blog's in a while, I love when you update, I feel like I know whats going on. My parents told me about the Temple that is awesome!! Good job at running a 5K, I'm so proud of you, it probably reminded you of track:) Good luck with Hannah's surgery stuff, and if you get board waiting for her give me a call!! LUV YA
Great post... a lot of exciting things going on with the Laytons'! Of course, you all look so cute too.
That was a cute and intersting post! You guys seem very busy!
Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Can I just say I am so jealous about the small town life. It makes me miss Safford. Your girls hair is so beautiful. I love the picture of your girls praying together. That is proof that you are doing a Great job being a mother!
You guys have been busy, but it looks like a lot of good times. It was really fun to see you guys the other weekend and catch up. We need to do that more often:)
Okay, so I am missing out on way too much. I had no idea that you were getting your block wall or that you ran a 5K. You go!! I wanted to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY too. I think you are amazing and I am so lucky to get to be your sister. You are always such a great example of who I want to be and I could ask for a better friend. Love ya!
It was great to see you at Church yesterday! It's so weird to see all those primary kids all grown up - going on missions, passing the sacrament, getting ordained, etc.
Hey I am such a slacker. I was actually going to call you...and I was down there during the later part of the week. RATS. I wonder if you are still there. We may take a trip up there since I am husbandless now! I am sure a that all went well. Love looking at your blog. You look awesome as awlays!
I love coming to your blog because you always have such cute pictures of your family. I love being able to see how you guys are doing. I'm excited that AZ is getting another temple! Good Job with the 5k!
Oh yeah tell your dad I think he'll be the next temple president!
Good Job running the 5K I could never do that! Poor sweet little Hanna, I hope all goes well with her tonsils, and adorable picture of your girls praying!
I'm so impressed with the 5K - I'm trying to train for one right now. I am only in the first week of my 8 week training program, but so far so good!
I hope that Hanna's surgery goes well! She is so cute (just like all your girls!)
Post a Comment