Tuesday, September 9, 2008

As our lives go on...

I'm sure most of you have read about or heard about Sephanie and Cristian Nielson who were involved in a plane crash last month. Since I came accross their story, I have been consumed by it! It is so amazing how fast life can change. As our lives are going on in a normal routine, I read about this couple who are in critical condition and will be recovering for months, and have 4 kids they won't see for awhile and I realize that I can not take one day for granted! I am so blessed to have an amazing husband and the best kids in the world and I want to cherish every second I have with them! To donate to this family, please click on the link on the right side of my blog! I know if you start reading about them.. you will be hooked! So before I spend anymore time on my computer.. I need to go kiss my sweet kids! Maci is yelling my name from her crib right now! :)

To read more about this family go to: http://blog.cjanerun.com/

16 comments:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Thanks for spreading the word!!!!!

Lori said...

This story is amazing! I heard about it last week and too became extremely grateful for my life!

Natalie said...

What a good reminder! It is very easy to take life for granted.

Kristi said...

I know - I am so consumed by it too! I am so grateful for the power of prayer! Sometimes that is all we are able to offer, but it truly is so much!

Randy and Jenni Bryce said...

Hey Thatcher High School Class of 1998, check out our reunion blog to get information about our upcoming 10 year reunion.
thatcherhighschoolclassof1998.blogspot.com. Send me your email address for more info!

Lisa said...

I've been totally consumed by this story too. It's so heartbreaking. It's a sad reminder.

By the way, Haley in her soccer uniform is absolutley adorable. I bet they're a fun team to watch.

Sarah Pace said...

Wow that is so incredibly sad! what I have been going through or any of us for that matter is not even comparable to what their family is dealing with!

Heather K said...

Yes, what an amazing story and sad tragedy. I haven't checked your blog in a while. You guys sure know how to have fun. The girls are so cute in every picture! Stacy said you printed your blog into a book......I am wanting to do that and would love the web address where you did that etc.? THANKS!

debbie said...

hey maryann, i didn't know you had this blog too, duh! This IS THE SADDEST STORY EVER! what a tribute to the family and ward (your old home stake i might add)! one of her daughters was in my kelle's class for a few days. kell, just found out about "her parents" and it was a very sad day around here. tears flowed freely from my eyes and hers as i had to tell her what happened to her new little school friend's parents...that is what rips your heart out as a parent...having to share that kind of news with your children. have a great one!

Our Ohana said...

I have been so consumed by this story too! I check everyday to see how they're doing and it just breaks my heart that they won't even get to see their kids for months!!

Ashley said...

This post is so true! I think it is so great when we let things like this teach us a lesson about ourselves and what really matters. Thanks again for all of your help lately; you are terrific!

Kristal said...

It is amazing how many lives the nielson's lives have touched, and changed, and made more grateful. It does make you want to make each second count with your family.

Um, on a different note...I had to steal your cute tribute to wayne...i did change it to fit Jase, but I stole the questions...it was just too cute!

Kristal said...

MaryAnn
Hey, the instructions for making the pumpkins are on my cousin Holly's blog...go to AUgust 2008 and the tutorial for making the aprons is on my sidebar under "tutorial for cute aprons I make". Both are soo easy, make em and post em!

The Welker Family said...

That is so sad! We do take things for granted. It looks like you and Wayne had a blast for your anniversary. At least you guys get your quality husband and wife time in pretty often with your weekly date set up - that is so cool! I love the soccer pictures too. What a cutie!

Miken Harding said...

Haven't heard about that-but will read it! Sometimes you wonder if those things happen to people so everyone else can take a moment and get their acts together again and be grateful for what they have. Sounds like you guys have been busy. I miss the soccer days! You make a great soccer mom!

Miken Harding said...

Haven't heard about that-but will read it! Sometimes you wonder if those things happen to people so everyone else can take a moment and get their acts together again and be grateful for what they have. Sounds like you guys have been busy. I miss the soccer days! You make a great soccer mom!