I wish I had my computer so I could put some pictures on here! This past weekend was so fun! Wayne and I got to stay in a hotel alone! We wanted to have one last get away before he starts his new job on Wed. It was so fun. I got on priceline and got the Hilton for $40! We took our kids to our good friends house in Mesa and she watched them while we spent the weekend together. (The girls had a great time, they were in good hands!) We went to Macaroni (sp?) Grill for dinner (my favorite)! Then we went to "Live free, or die hard"... I tried to pick a show Wayne would like and it was actually really good! Then we slept at the hotel and actually got to sleep in. It was so nice. We swam together on Sat. morning and had races in the pool and handstand contest, etc! (all the things we can't do with kids there! we were acting like kids instead!)
Then we went and bought Wayne a truck. I hate buying a car/truck, it takes all day! But I'm glad he got a new truck (the truck he has now doesn't even have power windows... but I loved it. I thought he was so cute in it when we started dating!.. he still is! :) Wayne gets grumpy having to make big decisions and spend a lot of money, but we still had so much fun together. He was so nice about the truck he picked! We had a big dilema... he wanted a certain color of toyota tundra with a big engine, and blue tooth, and some other upgrades... BUT they don't have any of those trucks with a bench seat in front (to fit 6 people)... since we know we are going to have at least one more kid, I told him it might be more reasonable to get the same truck, but with the bench seats so our whole family can fit in his truck to go camping... the only problem is that the bench seat trucks only come in white and silver and they don't have the other features he wanted! He was so unselfish and decided on the truck that will fit our family! (It is still an awesome truck, but he gave up the one he really wanted!... He is the best!)
I love to be alone with Wayne for a little while and be reminded why I love my hubby so much and how lucky I am to be married to my best friend. I am always excited to see my girls after leaving them over night! It was such a fun weekend!
8 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time together! And what a great deal on the hotel! I love the times when Jason and I can get away together (alone). You are so cute to have so much fun playing in the pool together like that! So... did you win any of the races?!
Sounds fun!! Sounds like an exciting time for you guys, new house, new truck, and new town!! Fun, fun!! I can't wait to see your house, when I come to visit my parent, maybe Jay and I will toliet paper your house :) or knock and run, that would be hillarious, fun time!! Well I will be in AZ in Oct, but maybe not going all the way to Thatcher, I don't know yet, but I will let you know. Talk to ya later, and BTW I am happy that you and Wayne got some alone time, its weird we always have alone time, I probably will realize how much I love it once we have kids!!
What a great time, it's so nice to have those rare alone times! Congrats to Wayne on the new truck too, I bet it's really nice! Can't wait for September to roll around, I missed you last week at Bunco.:( The girls are extatic about kindergarten, Haylee is so sweet, I know she'll really like it, you'll be ok too! :) Good luck with the first day of school (that was really hard for me) and moving in and everything else! Take care!
How funny, Josh has been wanting a Tundra forever! Maybe someday :o) We live with Josh's parents right now, but plan on buillding in the next few months. We have land that we are preparing and once that's done we should be able to start building! We are so excited :o) We will be off of Robinson Rach Road on Horse Shoe Lane. Your weekend away sounds wonderful! I have never tried Priceline, but now I will since you got such a screaming deal! Did you ask for the Hilton, or did they give it to you as a random choice? You'll have to post some tips!
I am so glad that you had a fun time on your weekend get away!! I am looking forward to one of those myself. I would not think you were one to have road rage. You always seem so calm and collected. I would love to be in the back seat when you are having a moment of it. I am sure you say nicer words than me!!! You are too fun!!!
Hi Mary Ann! Looks like you guys are just living life to the fullest! I love the pictures too! Cute little girls! :)
What a fun getaway! I miss you! Can't wait to make my trip to come visit!
How much fun. I am so jealous. Steve and I haven't gotten away alone in a long time. I can totally see Wayne not liking the big purchases. How is Thatcher, I am so sad you are not in Mesa anymore. When you get settled you let me know and we will come up. Please post pics soon especially ones of your house. Love ya
Crystal
Post a Comment