Monday, September 15, 2008

Grandma's Farm

We love to spend time at my mom's house! She has a "zoo"... There are so many fun animals.. Right now there are some baby bunnies that my girl LOVE!!



2 WHEELS!!

We took the girls to the church parking lot the other day to learn to ride a 2 wheel bike. They did so good. Hanna is so funny... she gets distracted so easy.. When a bird flys by or her sisters are doing something interesting she would rather watch them than concentrate on riding.. We might need to work a little longer with her! I love how she loves to discover new things! :)

Haylee is a little older than some kids learning to ride, but we finally took the time and she caught on so fast! When she would fall down, she was ready to give up.. but we worked with her and she did so great! I'm such a proud mom!! I love little milestones being crossed!!

Maci enjoyed the fun too...

Of course we had to get it on video.. I don't know why he is filming me though!?
SLEEP OVER and STAKE TEMPLE DAY!

Saturday was our stake temple day, so all 3 of my brothers and their wives that live here and us all wanted to make a trip to the valley. My awesome parents offered to watch ALL of our kids (11).. Since we were leaving early in the morning, they spent the night on Friday and we left at 6:30 the next morning. The kids were so excited to have a sleepover with their cousins!

I didn't get a picture of the adults.. but it was a good time! Steven and Kami rode down with us. It was great get to talk! I love them. The temple was so wonderful as usual. I love to be in there with Wayne and other family members! Then after the temple, we went to eat at Pei Wei.. We miss the good food in the valley!! We split up after lunch and Wayne and I stayed until that evening to go to our nephews varsity game. It was so fun to talk to my sister in laws and watch my nephew play. Before the game I dropped off Wayne at his moms and went shopping with no kids! Rare occation, but it was fun to just stroll around. It was a great weekend! Can't wait to get a temple closer!

11 comments:

Cass and Natalia said...

CUTE bunnies! My kids would love them too, how fun! Your parents are great to watch all those kids! (I'm sure they love it anyway!) Riding bikes is something we really enjoy doing as a family, it's so great for your girls to learn, it is nice when they can ride like the big kids!

Amber H. said...

Ok, so those bunnies are just WAY too cute! And how lucky are you that your parents volunteered to watch your kids! We wanted to go to the temple also, but couldn't find anyone to watch our kids. I'm jealous! Amen to the missing good food...eating Mexican ALL the time just loses the fun after a while! LOL!

Lori said...

Glad you got to come over and enjoy the temple! Yes, we have a much better selection of restaurants here in town.

Your girls are so cute. Learning to ride bikes is fun.

I do wish we had a little more of the country life here. Oh, well we need to come visit.

Good to hear from you!

Dizzy Kate said...

It was so fun seeing you and Wayne. It is so much fun to hang out with you guys. The football game was a fun because we got to talk. I don't know exactly what was going on in the game, but it was fun.

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

How fun! Emmy has begged for a bunny but it is so hot down here that I have yet to get her one. I'm so impressed with your girls on there bikes! Emmy still needs to learn on two wheels to. I think she is a lot like Hanna (gets distracted easily). Love the idea of the church parking lot we will have to try that one!

Misty said...

The trailor for the reunion video is on facebook. Troy created a group for our class and Jeremy posted it on there. It's pretty funny!

Ashley said...

All kids love your mom's farm! It's amazing! Tom is close behind on coolness (according to my kids).

4 princesses & then 1 prince said...

What a lucky bunch of grandkids to have such great grandparents (on both sides, yours & Waynes). I remember staying the night with G-ma Layton when I was young. I hope that someday I can be a grandma like that.

Glad you were able to enjoy a day at the temple.

Lisa said...

I love the bunnies. We caught some the other day, but I made the kids let them go. They were sad.
Your girls look so cute riding thier bikes. We have to take our kids to the church parking lot too until they get good at riding. It stinks living in the dirt.

JoAnna said...

Isn't it great that the Church made parking lots for us to teach our kids how to ride their bikes? I think we have used the same parking lot for all of our boys (now it is just across the street from our new house). Sounds like you guys have tons of fun on your four wheelers, we need to get out and ride more often...my boys would love the mud.

mel palmer family said...

Those are awsome pics!