Monday, September 1, 2008

Since yesterday was our 8th anniversary... I thought this hubby tag would be a good way to tell about Wayne. He is my very favorite person in the whole world! Here we go...
**What is His Name? Wayne Nash Layton
**What's His Nickname? Layton (I'm the only one who calls him that..... besides that, he doesn't have any nicknames.
**How Long Have You Been Married? 8 years (yesterday)

**How Long did You Date? We met May 2000.... engaged July..... married September 1st... when you know, you know!
**How Old is He? 29
**Who eats more sweets? Anyone who know us, knows the answer to this... I DO!!
**Who Said "I love You," First? Wayne... It was the cutest thing!

**Who Is Taller? Wayne
**Who Can Sing Better? That would be Wayne again
**Who is Smarter? Wayne, by far!!
**Who Does the Laundry? I do
**Who Sleeps on the Right Side of the Bed? Wayne
**Who Mows the Lawn? We don't have one right now.. but when we did, Wayne did it (except during tax season)... He loves yard work and is good at it!

**Who Cooks Dinner? I do
**Who Drives? Wayne ALWAYS drives... for some reason he gets a little nervous when I drive!
**Who Is More Stubborn? I'll admit it... it's me

**Who Kissed Who First? Wayne kissed me (again so cute!)

**Who Asked Out Who First? Wayne asked me (we went to the D-backs game)

**Who Proposed? Wayne (but he loves to tell people that I asked him, just to get a reaction out of me)... This is one of the only times I have seen Wayne be really creative and romantic (he'll admit that too!)
**Who Has More Siblings? Me (10) Wayne (8)
**Who Wears the Pants? I don't know the answer..both of us I guess...we just talk things out together.
**What do you love most about him? let me count the ways....
-the hardest worker I know, and great provider
-knows what he wants in life. Loves the gospel as much as I do.
-respects the priesthood and leads our home
-the cutest and best dad in the whole world. I love the way our girls look at him, and him at our girls!
-he can be goofy and fun. He makes me laugh all the time!
-I feel so safe with him
-we can handle anything together
-if I tell him something that would make me happy, or be helpful, he does it!
-I love when I catch him looking at me and he is just smiling
-I can tell him ANYTHING! He is truly my best friend
-he is so helpful at home and with the girls and lets me go out with friends or family whenever I want!
-he always gives me massages
-he always has a good attitude!
-when I ask him things I could work on, he tells me there is nothing! (even though I know there is a lot I could do better!)
-he laughs at my dumb jokes
-he's a perfectionist and does everything so great. (He cleans so much better than me. Sometimes I get frusterated at how long it takes him to do things, but it always turns out SO good!)
-did I say he makes me laugh! :)
-he doesn't mind me being goofy, or emotional, or weird
-he is way more patient than me, especially with the girls...
-he tells me everyday that I am hot, or beautiful, or cute!
-he hugs and kisses me when he wakes up, or when he gets home from work!
-he is so athletic and good at everything he does... and takes care of all the bugs, scorpions, snakes, etc...
-I've never heard him yell, or get really upset.
-he always thanks me for the little things I do that go un noticed!
-when something is important to me, it's important to him
-even though he doesn't like to spend money, he is so good about letting me spend it!
-he is a HOTTIE!
-he can go from goofy, fun dad.... to a professional CPA! :) (one time his nephews asked if he was crazy at work, like he is at home!)
-he makes me smile when I just think about him!
-he loves his mom and family and my family too
-I know I am the most important person in his life (and our girls next) and he is the most important in mine.
-there is no one i'd rather spend my life with!
-I really have no clue how I got so lucky, but I'm so glad I did!
I LOVE YOU LAYTON!

23 comments:

Miken Harding said...

I love that list! He's lucky to have you. You guys make a great team. I love all your family pictures. It makes me want to be a part of your family so bad. SO FUN!!! When are your parents going on a mission?

Becky said...

Wow, it seems like everyone is married for 8 years this summer. I've come across a ton of blogs with the 8 year anniversay post. Crazy. You guys are awesome and tons of fun. We need to get together and play sometime. I'll call you one of these days.

The Skousen's said...

So Fun! He seems like a Fabulous husband. Way to go on that one. I love all the pics.

Amber H. said...

He sounds like a great guy. Congrats on your 8 years together!

Lori said...

You two are a great couple! A perfect match! Two amazing people! Love and admire you both!

Maranda Whittle said...

Happy Anniversary! All that was very sweet!

Lisa said...

How sweet! Congratulations! Looks like you guys have tons of fun together.

Sarah Pace said...

Wow you are one lucky girl! What a sweet post. Thats how I feel about Matt! I think every girl should feel that way about her husband!
Happy Aniversary!

Michelle and Javier said...

Happy Anniversary! Where has the time gone? Seems like we were just in junior high, then at EA! Crazy! You guys make a great pair! (totally jealous) :)

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I love that you shared that. You are a great family. Cute as can be!

Mary-Sunshine said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I can't beleive that it has been that long...crazy!

Sommer said...

Congrats... on EIGHT great years! You both compliment each other.

Deanne Wahl said...

That is such a great post. I can't believe how many pics you have of him. I really need to be better at getting me and Alan in the pictures with the kids. And again Happy Anniversary! You guys are awesome :)

mel palmer family said...

Thats awesome :) I like that picture of wayne and the girls with the rainbow in back

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!

Aut said...

8 years...that is crazy!! What a sweet post!

4 princesses & then 1 prince said...

Hsppy Anniversary! And yes, Wayne is a great guy. He reminds me a lot of G-pa Layton, except I don't know if G-pa was a Hottie, LOL. Happy years to come!

Anonymous said...

Mary Ann, This is Nanette Whiting. Oh my, I hadn't remembered your husband and how much the two of you look alike. Your children are darling and I was so emotional when I saw Levi and your parents and all you girls together in the picture; David on the horse waving goodbye. What memories I have of your family and how much I love you all. It's wonderful to see you all on this. I'm just starting and reading all the bloggs on Jaymi's site. I started because of this airplane crash in St. Johns. There are over 20,000 people now responding to her blog from all over the world. How amazing that this have such a wonderful positive influence on people.. What a missionary tool. Love you and yours, Sister Nanette Whiting

Cass and Natalia said...

Happy Anniversary! That was really sweet, you guys are great!

Tom and Sue said...

Awwwww! Are you in love with Wayne or something? Congrats on 8 YEARS!! you guys are so cute!

Maranda Whittle said...

Hey, I'm going private, so leave me your email address, so I can invite you!

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

I found your blog- oh happy day! Congrats on 8 years. we just had our 10 year which seems almost unbelievable!

Anyways, I am glad I found your cute family again. we miss you at Enrose.

Ami Bethea said...

Seriously, that scorpion picture at the ranch is freaking me out!!!! When we were there a couple weeks ago I was up all night feeling like bugs were crawling on my face. I couldn't sleep at all. The bugs were out of control that weekend, i have never seen so many. it's not just the ranch though, when we got home we saw the same "fire bugs" as my boys call them at our house (they are orange & black). Rex told me the room we were sleeping in had scorpions! I was so worried about my boys sleeping on the floor. Now i know there are scorpions there! Aah! We are going back for conference weekend...